Charleston Wells found not guilty in death of Hoover father, veteran Mike Gilotti
A jury has acquitted Charleston Wells in the murder of Mike Gilotti, a father and veteran from Hoover.
Wells, 17, was convicted of several counts of breaking and entering vehicles.
When jurors arrived to continue deliberations Friday morning Circuit Judge David Carpenter read them what's called an Allen charge - or "dynamite charge" - that is read to deadlocked juries to urge them to continue deliberations and move toward a verdict. He told jurors no one wants to try this again.
At times loud voices have been heard coming from the jury room during the jury's deliberations, which... read more
- 01:33 Democrats release memo rebutting GOP on Russia probe
- 01:11 Westbound Loop 202 re-opens at Cooper Road after Chandler crash
- 23:51 Crash closes westbound Loop 202 in Mesa, no estimated time of...
- 23:38 2 people critically injured after horse-drawn stagecoach hits...
- 23:30 St. Michael girls basketball repeats as 1A state champions
- 23:30 Tucson Gregory School boys basketball team wins 1A title
- 23:17 Union members, supporters rally in Phoenix for Working People's Day...
- 22:54 White House shelves tentative plan for Mexican leader visit
- 22:26 Trump says he's eyeing Veterans' Day for military parade
- 22:05 Rachel DeLago making history as an NHRA general manager