Charleston Wells found not guilty in death of Hoover father, veteran Mike Gilotti
A jury has acquitted Charleston Wells in the murder of Mike Gilotti, a father and veteran from Hoover.
Wells, 17, was convicted of several counts of breaking and entering vehicles.
When jurors arrived to continue deliberations Friday morning Circuit Judge David Carpenter read them what's called an Allen charge - or "dynamite charge" - that is read to deadlocked juries to urge them to continue deliberations and move toward a verdict. He told jurors no one wants to try this again.
At times loud voices have been heard coming from the jury room during the jury's deliberations, which... read more
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...
- 23:33 Report: Arizona Cardinals reach agreement with OL Justin Pugh
- 22:23 Andy Greene and Travis Zajac glad to be back in playoff hunt with...
- 22:16 Buffalo coach Nate Oats: John 'Calipari's been whining' about youth...
- 19:58 Arizona high school football recruiting: Top recruits in 2019 class
- 19:58 Arizona Diamondbacks’ Yoan Lopez is a prospect again
- 19:32 State board OKs beer, wine sales at University of Arizona's McKale...
- 19:25 Key reserve freshmen say they'll return to Arizona Wildcats but...
- 18:59 Rattlers look to solidify starting spots as they return home for...
- 18:59 Diamondbacks' Torey Lovullo confident Zack Greinke won’t be out long