Charleston Wells found not guilty in death of Hoover father, veteran Mike Gilotti
A jury has acquitted Charleston Wells in the murder of Mike Gilotti, a father and veteran from Hoover.
Wells, 17, was convicted of several counts of breaking and entering vehicles.
When jurors arrived to continue deliberations Friday morning Circuit Judge David Carpenter read them what's called an Allen charge - or "dynamite charge" - that is read to deadlocked juries to urge them to continue deliberations and move toward a verdict. He told jurors no one wants to try this again.
At times loud voices have been heard coming from the jury room during the jury's deliberations, which... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree