Charleston Wells found not guilty in death of Hoover father, veteran Mike Gilotti
A jury has acquitted Charleston Wells in the murder of Mike Gilotti, a father and veteran from Hoover.
Wells, 17, was convicted of several counts of breaking and entering vehicles.
When jurors arrived to continue deliberations Friday morning Circuit Judge David Carpenter read them what's called an Allen charge - or "dynamite charge" - that is read to deadlocked juries to urge them to continue deliberations and move toward a verdict. He told jurors no one wants to try this again.
At times loud voices have been heard coming from the jury room during the jury's deliberations, which... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 17:55 Giuliani: Briefing may prompt calls to end Russia probe
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct