Charming new book has front-row seat with President and Nancy Reagan on 'movie night'
It's an apropos vehicle, to be sure: looking at the presidency of Ronald Reagan through the filtering lens of a movie projector. The president and first lady Nancy Reagan, both actors, loved to watch movies, new or old, whether they starred in them or not.
Nearly every weekend, most often at the presidential retreat at Camp David, the Reagans and invited staffers would gather for the movie of the week. Screenings included blockbusters of the 1980s, such as E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Top Gun, Rocky IV and Raiders of the Lost Ark. A few golden oldies made the cut as well, like Hellcats of... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House