Cheap Trick to revisit 'At Budokan' at the El Rey on April 30
How best to celebrate the 35th anniversary of a beloved live album? By re-creating it onstage, of course.
That's the approach being taken by Cheap Trick, which announced Thursday that it plans to play "Cheap Trick at Budokan," the power-pop veterans' 1978 concert classic, at two shows this month.
On April 28, the band will play the John Varvatos boutique in New York, at the former address of the defunct punk club CBGB. Cheap Trick will then head west for a gig at L.A.'s El Rey Theatre on April 30.
TIMELINE: Coachella and Stagecoach
Both concerts are to re-create the show Cheap... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...