Cheap Trick to revisit 'At Budokan' at the El Rey on April 30
How best to celebrate the 35th anniversary of a beloved live album? By re-creating it onstage, of course.
That's the approach being taken by Cheap Trick, which announced Thursday that it plans to play "Cheap Trick at Budokan," the power-pop veterans' 1978 concert classic, at two shows this month.
On April 28, the band will play the John Varvatos boutique in New York, at the former address of the defunct punk club CBGB. Cheap Trick will then head west for a gig at L.A.'s El Rey Theatre on April 30.
TIMELINE: Coachella and Stagecoach
Both concerts are to re-create the show Cheap... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance