Cheerleaders from 39 states potentially exposed to mumps
CLOSE Mumps is a viral disease that leads to swollen salivary glands, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, also known as the CDC.
Thousands of cheerleaders have been notified about a possible mumps outbreak at a championship competition in Texas last month.
Officials at the Texas Department of State Health Services announced in a letter to parents and participants last week that they may have been exposed to mumps.
“We are sending this letter to make you aware of this exposure and to provide additional information about mumps,” the letter read.
What happened?The... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat