Cheerleaders from 39 states potentially exposed to mumps
CLOSE Mumps is a viral disease that leads to swollen salivary glands, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, also known as the CDC.
Thousands of cheerleaders have been notified about a possible mumps outbreak at a championship competition in Texas last month.
Officials at the Texas Department of State Health Services announced in a letter to parents and participants last week that they may have been exposed to mumps.
“We are sending this letter to make you aware of this exposure and to provide additional information about mumps,” the letter read.
What happened?The... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes