Chicago Cubs co-owner to become GOP finance chair
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican National Committee is confirming billionaire Todd Ricketts as its next finance chair, replacing casino magnate Steve Wynn, who resigned last week over sexual misconduct allegations.
At the RNC's winter meeting, the committee is approving the recommendation by Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, with President Donald Trump's blessing.
Ricketts, an owner of the Chicago Cubs, was nominated last year by Trump to be deputy secretary of commerce, but withdrew from consideration over financial divestiture rules.
Ricketts' selection was prompted after allegations that Wynn,... read more
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 21:11 Diamondbacks react to pace of play rule changes
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...