Child left in truck outside Vestavia Hills office was victim of hot-car death, authorities rule
Authorities today released the official cause of death for a 1-year-old boy found unresponsive in his father's truck outside of a Vestavia Hills office building last month.
The Jefferson County Coroner's Office said Christian Evan Sanders died from hyperthermia - an elevated body temperature due to failed thermoregulation that occurs when a body produces or absorbs more heat than it dissipates. Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates said Christian, whose family lives in eastern Jefferson County, was last known to be alive at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, April 7. He was found unresponsive at 4:37 p.m. and... read more
- 00:43 Mnuchin expresses optimism trade standoffs can be resolved
- 00:22 Birthday boy Zack Godley picks Diamondbacks up to lead win over Padres
- 00:08 Trash talk rules the day ahead of Larry Fitzgerald Celebrity...
- 22:00 'Family' and sense of 'brotherhood' has Diamondbacks picking up...
- 21:38 Moore: What happens when Larry Fitzgerald takes on a bozo sports...
- 20:07 Intriguing Arizona high school spring football story lines
- 18:07 The senators Trump will watch as the Pompeo confirmation fight unfolds
- 18:06 RHP Matt Koch earns another start in Diamondbacks rotation
- 17:27 Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim and coach Steve Wilks forming a...
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US