Child left in truck outside Vestavia Hills office was victim of hot-car death, authorities rule
Authorities today released the official cause of death for a 1-year-old boy found unresponsive in his father's truck outside of a Vestavia Hills office building last month.
The Jefferson County Coroner's Office said Christian Evan Sanders died from hyperthermia - an elevated body temperature due to failed thermoregulation that occurs when a body produces or absorbs more heat than it dissipates. Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates said Christian, whose family lives in eastern Jefferson County, was last known to be alive at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, April 7. He was found unresponsive at 4:37 p.m. and... read more
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot
- 04:45 Family separation policy starts dividing Republicans
- 03:27 First lady Melania Trump "hates" to see families separated
- 02:59 Prosecutor: 1 suspect dead and 20 people injured, four of them...
- 02:28 French media: Woman crying "God is great" has injured 2 with box...
- 02:15 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 02:15 Giuliani says Trump may consider pardons after Russia probe
- 01:30 In DC primary, minimum wage is the main topic of discussion
- 22:14 Melania Trump 'hates' to see families separated at border