China bans more synthetic opioids blamed for US drug deaths
BEIJING (AP) — China said Monday it would ban a designer drug called U-47700 and three others, following U.S. pressure to do more to control synthetic opioids blamed for fast-rising overdose deaths in the United States.
In China, U-47700 has until now been a legal alternative to fentanyl and potent derivatives like carfentanil. Its usage has been growing among U.S. opioid addicts.
Last year, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration listed U-47700 in the category of the most dangerous drugs it regulates, saying it was associated with dozens of fatalities, mostly in New York and North... read more
- 19:02 Houston native released after jailing in Vietnam pledges to help...
- 14:52 Listen: WhataMistake in the Senate race, Abbott's staff rolls in...
- 14:40 âShe canât even keep track of her gun.â Gov. Abbott attacks...
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics