China's Xi Jinping says empowering women is vital; critics note poor treatment
World leaders meeting Sunday at the United Nations in New York proclaimed their commitment to expand opportunities for women, noting that gender equality is integral to uplift all people.
Chinese President Xi Jinping, in his first state visit to the United States, co-chaired segments of a meeting on gender equality and women's empowerment with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon and pledged that his country would donate $10 million to U.N. Women, a group focused on furthering gender equity.
"We should foster a global environment favorable for women's development,'' Xi said through a... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold