China's Xi Jinping says empowering women is vital; critics note poor treatment
World leaders meeting Sunday at the United Nations in New York proclaimed their commitment to expand opportunities for women, noting that gender equality is integral to uplift all people.
Chinese President Xi Jinping, in his first state visit to the United States, co-chaired segments of a meeting on gender equality and women's empowerment with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon and pledged that his country would donate $10 million to U.N. Women, a group focused on furthering gender equity.
"We should foster a global environment favorable for women's development,'' Xi said through a... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco