Chinese Cultural Center saga: Where the legal disputes stand
News of a remodel to Phoenix's Chinese Cultural Center announced last summer sparked a feud over property rights and preservation that is nowhere near over.
The center's new majority owner, 668 North, wants to get rid of the building's iconic Chinese architecture and transform the building into a sleek business center and corporate headquarters.
Members of the Chinese-American community revolted, first through protests and then in the courtroom. To date, community members have sued 668 North or its parent company five times.
The lawsuits allege different abuses but all have the same goal:... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'