Choi, Pettersen early Kraft leaders; Wie, Ko four shots back
RANCHO MIRAGE -- Na Yeon Choi and Suzann Pettersen posted early four-under-par 68s Thursday to take the early lead at the Kraft Nabisco Championship at Mission Hills Country Club.
This is golf's first major of the year and Choi, winner of the 2012 U.S. Women's Open, didn't have a bogey in the first round. Choi is nicknamed "NYC," and said she was happy to play early Thursday before the greens became faster in the desert heat.
Lydia Ko, the 15-year-old amateur from New Zealand, and her playing partner, 23-year-old Michelle Wie, who first competed in an LPGA event when she was 12... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow