Christie: Getting Russian oppo research 'probably' illegal
GLADSTONE, N.J. (AP) — Republican Gov. Chris Christie on Monday addressed Donald Trump Jr.'s 2016 meeting with a Russian attorney, saying it's "probably against the law" to get opposition research for his father's presidential campaign from a foreign country.
But Christie, a friend and adviser to President Donald Trump, said that it's too early be "jumping to conclusions" and that there's no evidence the campaign obtained such research.
"I think, quite frankly, it's probably against the law in addition to being inappropriate," Christie said. "I think the... read more
- 10:25 AMBER Alert issued for 1-month-old Yuma boy
- 10:18 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces
- 10:04 50 students start down grueling path in Mayo Med School's inaugural...
- 09:45 Arizona Supreme Court lets ruling stand that protects Republic...
- 09:41 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces.
- 08:34 The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health care vote
- 08:23 Britain to ban sale of new diesel, gasoline cars by 2040
- 08:00 Lower global tax rate boosts Ford in second quarter
- 05:05 Trump: Liberation from 'Obamacare nightmare' is close
- 04:30 Parents, former Scouts alarmed by Trump's speech at jamboree