Cincinnati Bearcats beat Wichita for AAC title
WICHITA, Kan. - The Cincinnati Bearcats won their first outright conference basketball title since 2002 here Sunday afternoon, beating Wichita State 62-61 in a battle royale for the American Athletic Conference championship.
No. 10-ranked UC (27-4, 16-2 AAC) claimed the title by beating No. 11 Wichita State (24-6, 14-4 AAC) in the regular-season finale at WSU's noisy, sold-out Charles Koch Arena.
Junior guard Jacob Evans III led UC with 19 points. Kyle Washington had 11 points and Jarron Cumberland also had 11 for UC, with Gary Clark scoring 10. UC hung on in the final seconds as WSU... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...