Cincinnati Bearcats beat Wichita for AAC title
WICHITA, Kan. - The Cincinnati Bearcats won their first outright conference basketball title since 2002 here Sunday afternoon, beating Wichita State 62-61 in a battle royale for the American Athletic Conference championship.
No. 10-ranked UC (27-4, 16-2 AAC) claimed the title by beating No. 11 Wichita State (24-6, 14-4 AAC) in the regular-season finale at WSU's noisy, sold-out Charles Koch Arena.
Junior guard Jacob Evans III led UC with 19 points. Kyle Washington had 11 points and Jarron Cumberland also had 11 for UC, with Gary Clark scoring 10. UC hung on in the final seconds as WSU... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat