Citing 'mere allegation,'Trump appears to doubt #MeToo
President Donald Trump thrust himself into the national debate over sexual misconduct, on Saturday, asserting that "a mere allegation" could destroy the lives of those accused, as his own White House was engulfed by charges of abusive behavior.
Trump, in a morning Twitter post, appeared to be defending two of his aides who resigned this week after facing claims of domestic violence.
"Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation," he wrote. "Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...