City leaders optimistic after Glendale Municipal Airport's turbulent decade
Glendale Municipal Airport was flying high when the city's sports and entertainment district opened more than a decade ago and leaders envisioned its higher profile attracting corporate jets and business. Then came the crash.
Along with the Great Recession, there were lawsuits.
A decade later, flight operations at the airport remain about half of what they were in 2007. While Glendale airport isn't alone in that, its dive was steeper.
City leaders say that is beginning to turn around. Legal disputes over land and with pilots are long settled, the city expects to open airport property for... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 17:31 Dominant NL West, 'Babe Ruth of Japan' highlight 2018 Cactus League
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died