City leaders optimistic after Glendale Municipal Airport's turbulent decade
Glendale Municipal Airport was flying high when the city's sports and entertainment district opened more than a decade ago and leaders envisioned its higher profile attracting corporate jets and business. Then came the crash.
Along with the Great Recession, there were lawsuits.
A decade later, flight operations at the airport remain about half of what they were in 2007. While Glendale airport isn't alone in that, its dive was steeper.
City leaders say that is beginning to turn around. Legal disputes over land and with pilots are long settled, the city expects to open airport property for... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House