Clark Kellogg Q&A: Mike Rice’s firing, Kevin Ware’s injury and the Final Four
There’s a longstanding double-standard in sports; if you win enough, your sins will be forgiven — or at least overlooked.
The most glaring example was in Bloomington, Ind., where over three decades a trio of national championships gave Bobby Knight the sort of equity that Mike Rice wasn’t afforded at Rutgers.
“Winning can sometimes bring some more rope, in terms of tolerating unsavory behavior,” Clark Kellogg of CBS said Thursday from Atlanta, the site of this weekend’s Final Four.
Rice didn’t have the wins at Rutgers — he was 44-51 in three seasons with the Scarlet Knights — and was at the... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House