Clashes with militants in Egypt kill 2 troops
CAIRO -- Egypt's interior ministry says fierce clashes that erupted after troops raided a makeshift bomb factory outside of Cairo have killed two military officers and five militants.
The ministry says a combination of police, special forces and military explosives experts raided a warehouse in a village in Qalioubiya province, just north of the capital early Wednesday, when the fighting broke out.
It says the militants responded with gunfire and car bombs, setting off the clashes that lasted several hours. Four militants were arrested.
The raid followed an investigation that showed the... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia