Clashes with militants in Egypt kill 2 troops
CAIRO Egypt's interior ministry says fierce clashes that erupted after troops raided a makeshift bomb factory outside of Cairo have killed two military officers and five militants.
The ministry says a combination of police, special forces and military explosives experts raided a warehouse in a village in Qalioubiya province, just north of the capital early Wednesday, when the fighting broke out.
It says the militants responded with gunfire and car bombs, setting off the clashes that lasted several hours. Four militants were arrested.
The raid followed an investigation that showed the place... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House