Clemson QB Watson has O'Brien Trophy and unfinished business
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Deshaun Watson is on schedule to have his communications degree in hand by this time next year, after his junior season.
The dual-threat Clemson quarterback also hopes to take care of some unfinished business by then and have a national championship trophy to go with it.
On Monday night, Watson accepted the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's top quarterback. He was the first player in FBS history with more than 4,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing in the same season. But the Tigers finished 14-1 after a 45-40 loss to Alabama in the College Football Playoff... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat