Clint Bowyer never considered replacing Tony Stewart after injury
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Clint Bowyer said replacing the injured Tony Stewart in the No. 14 Chevrolet was never a consideration for this season. He’ll finish his one-year stop-gap campaign at HScott Motorsports, he said, and then replace the retiring three-time Sprint Cup champion next season at Stewart-Haas Racing.
“How would you ever make that happen twelve days before the season, before you’re going to be racing at Daytona?” Bowyer pondered on Tuesday at NASCAR media day. “And furthermore, I wanted Tony to come back. I’m glad that he chose to come back and however many races that is, we... read more
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow
- 10:50 Trump says he thinks he swayed Macron's thinking on Iran
- 09:42 Trump says hostilities with North Korea improving
- 08:55 Trump 'won't be involved' in special counsel's Russia probe
- 08:02 The Latest: Official says VA nominee may withdraw
- 03:25 SideTrack: Kristina and Patrick Lyons, Laurie David, Catherine...
- 03:10 ASU baseball falls to New Mexico State, ending three-game win streak
- 02:25 Lawyer: Trump ready for role in raids' evidence review
- 01:14 Genetic sleuthing bolsters food poisoning searches