Clippers, Celtics agree in principle on Doc Rivers trade
The Clippers and the Boston Celtics have agreed in principle on a deal that will send Coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, according to NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the situation.
The Clippers will send the Celtics a first-round pick in 2015. The pick will not be lottery protected.
The Clippers will take over the contract Rivers had with Boston, which has three years and $21 million left.
Clippers, Celtics close to Doc Rivers deal
Despite success, Miami Heat has more work to do
Clippers have talked contract with Byron Scott and Brian Shaw
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care