Coach Eric Kibler leads Horizon baseball to its 800th win
A program he began 38 years ago reached a new height on Tuesday when coach Eric Kibler's Scottsdale Horizon baseball team won its 800th game.
Horizon beat Avondale La Joya Community 13-1 by the mercy rule in five innings.
That's an average of more than 21 wins a season and this season isn't even a third of the way through.
Kibler is believed to have the most wins in Arizona high school baseball coaching history.
When Scottsdale Chaparral coach Jerry Dawson retired eight years ago, he had the state record with 773 wins.
Horizon has won six state championships, the most recent of which came... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law