Cogdell defends former Miramar star QB Smith
Geno Smith's high school football coach at Miramar, Damon Cogdell, has fired back at Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki for a scouting report on the first quarterback projected to be taken in the NFL Draft that Cogdell said lacks credibility and is filled with personal attacks.
Nawrocki wrote, among other things, that the former West Virginia record-setting quarterback does not command respect from teammates, has a marginal work ethic and is a “gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft