Coke coughs up lead as Tigers fall 3-2 to Twins
MINNEAPOLIS -- The Detroit Tigers brought an even mightier lineup back from their American League championship season. Their starting rotation is still stacked.
If there's a concern about this team's ability to reach the World Series again, and win it this time, that rests on the relievers.
Eduardo Escobar's two-run double off Phil Coke with one out in the ninth inning lifted the Minnesota Twins to a 3-2 victory over the Tigers on Wednesday.
With Jose Valverde unsigned, Coke has been the head of the closer committee. After a two-up, two-down save on Monday, Coke stumbled this time.
"He... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it