Coke coughs up lead as Tigers fall 3-2 to Twins
MINNEAPOLIS -- The Detroit Tigers brought an even mightier lineup back from their American League championship season. Their starting rotation is still stacked.
If there's a concern about this team's ability to reach the World Series again, and win it this time, that rests on the relievers.
Eduardo Escobar's two-run double off Phil Coke with one out in the ninth inning lifted the Minnesota Twins to a 3-2 victory over the Tigers on Wednesday.
With Jose Valverde unsigned, Coke has been the head of the closer committee. After a two-up, two-down save on Monday, Coke stumbled this time.
"He... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance