Companies got Harvey contracts and their executives gave money to George P. Bush
AUSTIN — Executives from several companies getting millions of dollars in contracts to rebuild homes damaged by Hurricane Harvey gave thousands to Land Commissioner George P. Bush's re-election fund within days of the contracts being signed.
More than a dozen Horne LLP executives gave $27,500 dollars in political contributions to Bush just three days after the company signed a $13.47 million contract to assist with financial oversight and other administrative duties of federal and state Harvey recovery funds.
In October, James W. Turner Construction won a $20 million from the GLO’s office... read more
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...
- 00:24 Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants