Concerns continue over funding for testing rape kits
With thousands of untested rape kits sitting in Texas crime labs, state lawmakers in May gave final approval to adding a donation box to the Texas driver's license application form to raise the money to test DNA evidence that could help solve sexual assault cases.
Lawmakers predicted that the crowdfunding effort would raise $1 million a year for the tests. "We wanted to come up with a creative idea to generate funding to address the thousands of untested rape kits in our state," Rep. Victoria Neave, D-Dallas, who authored the bill, said in an interview.
But a review of earlier... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House