Concord teen to play in prestigious Pebble Beach tournament
Three years ago, Sam Wimbrow saw a brochure about the First Tee program and in it he noticed the opportunity for some top achievers to play in the Champions Tour Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach.
Wimbrow will get his chance next week.
The 17-year-old is the first participant from The First Tee of Charlotte to be selected to play in the prestigious event, where he will be paired for three days with a Champions Tour star. Wimbrow would love to draw Fred Couples but he's thrilled at the opportunity to make his first trip west of Nashville, Tenn., and be able to play in California... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'