Congress watchers single out Culberson's west Houston seat
Political prognosticators in Washington have put U.S. Rep. John Culberson's west Houston district on the national political radar, while a slew of Texas Democrats have officially declared their interest in challenging the Republican next year.
On Friday, the Cook Political Report singled it out as a race to watch.
The upscale district, a Republican stronghold since they days when it was represented by then-future President George H.W. Bush, rarely sees competitive congressional races. But Hillary Clinton's narrow win in the district in last November's presidential election prompted... read more
- 18:46 Net neutrality fight offers another contrast in 2018 Senate race
- 18:36 Grand Canyon basketball faces toughest opponent to date in San Diego
- 18:32 ASU rescinds Charlie Rose journalism award
- 17:59 6 Phoenix post offices to open on Sundays for holiday shipping
- 17:58 Coyotes Game Day: Battle of backup goaltenders on tap vs. Kings
- 17:45 Moon Valley football players invited to Territorial Cup by ASU...
- 17:13 Game Day: Buzzer-beaters becoming a habit for Devin Booker
- 16:37 ASU's Territorial Cup challenge: Containing Khalil Tate
- 16:05 Arizona firefighter accidentally shot on trip was 'everybody's friend'
- 15:50 Few Arizonans expect GOP tax-cut plan will help them, poll says