Congress watchers single out Culberson's west Houston seat
Political prognosticators in Washington have put U.S. Rep. John Culberson's west Houston district on the national political radar, while a slew of Texas Democrats have officially declared their interest in challenging the Republican next year.
On Friday, the Cook Political Report singled it out as a race to watch.
The upscale district, a Republican stronghold since they days when it was represented by then-future President George H.W. Bush, rarely sees competitive congressional races. But Hillary Clinton's narrow win in the district in last November's presidential election prompted... read more
- 12:10 2 kids, 2 adults injured in Phoenix crash
- 09:08 'Camino Island': Grisham's tasty thriller about a literary heist
- 09:05 Fact Check: Has Education Department spent more than $4M on travel,...
- 08:33 Minority advocates say Trump's budget will hurt their causes
- 08:11 10 hot books you won't want to miss this summer
- 06:11 Books: New and noteworthy
- 05:59 Hatchback cars stage a comeback
- 05:57 India reports its first 3 cases of the Zika virus
- 03:16 AP source: Kushner sought secret communications with Russia
- 03:16 Back home after foreign trip, Trump faces slew of challenges