Congressman: Trump plans to build 256 miles of border wall in south Texas
President Donald Trump's administration plans to build 256 miles of new barriers on the Texas-Mexico border, according to a Democratic congressman who said he was briefed on the plan.
U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar, who represents a district that abuts the border in south Texas, said the $25 billion that Trump is seeking as part of a deal on a pathway for citizenship for "dreamers" — the undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children — would fund construction of the new fencing and barriers.
Cuellar said Department of Homeland Security officials presented the plan during a... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...