Congressman: Trump plans to build 256 miles of border wall in south Texas
President Donald Trump's administration plans to build 256 miles of new barriers on the Texas-Mexico border, according to a Democratic congressman who said he was briefed on the plan.
U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar, who represents a district that abuts the border in south Texas, said the $25 billion that Trump is seeking as part of a deal on a pathway for citizenship for "dreamers" — the undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children — would fund construction of the new fencing and barriers.
Cuellar said Department of Homeland Security officials presented the plan during a... read more
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...