Conor McGregor threatens to tear down Floyd Mayweather banner at MGM Grand
LAS VEGAS – Conor McGregor took his latest swipe at Floyd Mayweather on Thursday, threatening to tear down the retired pound-for-pound boxing champion’s cherished banner at the MGM Grand Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
Mayweather’s face is emblazoned on the side of the building, on a massive sign that reads “Home of the Champ” – a concession that was agreed during the latter part of his boxing career.
But McGregor, who has regularly traded barbs with Mayweather through the media, used the occasion of his UFC 196 press conference to take jabs at the boxer once more.
What to watch... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...