Conor McGregor threatens to tear down Floyd Mayweather banner at MGM Grand
LAS VEGAS – Conor McGregor took his latest swipe at Floyd Mayweather on Thursday, threatening to tear down the retired pound-for-pound boxing champion’s cherished banner at the MGM Grand Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
Mayweather’s face is emblazoned on the side of the building, on a massive sign that reads “Home of the Champ” – a concession that was agreed during the latter part of his boxing career.
But McGregor, who has regularly traded barbs with Mayweather through the media, used the occasion of his UFC 196 press conference to take jabs at the boxer once more.
What to watch... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt