Conservative commentator Mercedes Schlapp joins White House
WASHINGTON (AP) — A longtime conservative commentator is joining the White House as President Donald Trump continues to fill out his communications team.
Mercedes Schlapp will serve as senior adviser for strategic communications, the White House formally announced Tuesday.
Other changes are also in the works to fill vacancies following the departures of former Press Secretary Sean Spicer and Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci.
Raj Shah will serve as principal deputy press secretary. Steven Cheung will serve director of strategic response.
Longtime trusted Trump aide Hope Hicks will... read more
- 18:32 US pulled multiple ways in Syria as Islamic State recedes
- 18:24 Unlicensed Arizona contractor going to prison for remodeling scam
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor
- 16:51 Chilean 'anti-poet' Nicanor Parra dies at 103