Controversial Phoenix ID cards for immigrants dies before it ever began
CLOSE Immigrant-rights activists who pushed Phoenix to create a city identification card have yanked their support because of fears about President Donald Trump's immigration policies.
Remember that Phoenix plan to create a city ID card? The one advocacy groups fought for years to get approved and state legislators tried to kill? The one that was supposed to have started almost exactly a year ago?
It never happened.
And earlier this month, the city attempted to quietly close the books on the whole thing.
Big push for ID cardsStarting in 2014, the political conversation in Phoenix focused... read more
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...