Conway won't say if she was punished over Hatch Act issue
WASHINGTON (AP) — White House counselor Kellyanne Conway says she's spoken with President Donald Trump about a federal watchdog's finding that she violated a federal law that bars government officials from using their positions to influence political campaigns.
But Conway isn't providing details about the conversation.
It's up to Trump to decide how — and whether — Conway is punished.
She said during a Fox appearance that she's "not going to comment on this at all."
When asked if no punishment was given, Conway said: "I didn't say that."
The Office of Special Counsel,... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler