Conway won't say if she was punished over Hatch Act issue
WASHINGTON (AP) — White House counselor Kellyanne Conway says she's spoken with President Donald Trump about a federal watchdog's finding that she violated a federal law that bars government officials from using their positions to influence political campaigns.
But Conway isn't providing details about the conversation.
It's up to Trump to decide how — and whether — Conway is punished.
She said during a Fox appearance that she's "not going to comment on this at all."
When asked if no punishment was given, Conway said: "I didn't say that."
The Office of Special Counsel,... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates