Cool Home: DIY attitude and thousands of seeds grow an urban farm in Scottsdale
How do you live a healthy life when your family includes four young children and two parents with full-time jobs?
Well, it helps if your house reflects your priorities.
When Jolene Kuty and Daniel Gottlieb moved from their starter home to a roomier property along Scottsdale's Cactus Corridor in 2012, they chose three words to guide what they wanted to do in their new space: play, live and eat.
Emphasis on play.
The house itself, a 1968 ranch on a half-acre lot, had a casual exterior with slump block walls and artful — if ineffective — windows. But the interior was dark, with cramped living... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing