Cornell U. wrestler from Pa. charged with rape
ITHACA, N.Y. -- A 22-year-old Cornell University wrestler has been charged after a woman said she woke up to find him raping her, and the woman's partner later took a photo that led to his arrest.
Peter Mesko, of Honesdale, Pa., was charged Tuesday with first-degree rape. Mesko was freed on $5,000 bail, to appear in court Friday. Police didn't know if he has a lawyer.
The Ithaca Journal reports (http://ithacajr.nl/11reBpb) that court papers say the women were sleeping early Saturday when one awoke to find a stranger on top of her. The women fought him off and ran upstairs.
Investigators say... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case