Coronado neighborhood alley in Phoenix turned into art gallery
Nestled in the vibrant Phoenix neighborhood of Coronado, is an art gallery many residents do not know exists.
Anita Putney and her husband Scott Borchardt have filled the alley on 12th Street and Palm Lane with art, flowers and cacti to help prevent dumping and fires.
"The alley 25 years ago was really scary," said Putney. "I think it is because of the proximity to the park."
Putney has lived in the neighborhood since the 1970s. She has seen it change from dealing with crime to being a place for families and musicians.
The "alleria" created by the couple... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat