Coronado neighborhood alley in Phoenix turned into art gallery
Nestled in the vibrant Phoenix neighborhood of Coronado, is an art gallery many residents do not know exists.
Anita Putney and her husband Scott Borchardt have filled the alley on 12th Street and Palm Lane with art, flowers and cacti to help prevent dumping and fires.
"The alley 25 years ago was really scary," said Putney. "I think it is because of the proximity to the park."
Putney has lived in the neighborhood since the 1970s. She has seen it change from dealing with crime to being a place for families and musicians.
The "alleria" created by the couple... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes