Council extends 'civility' rules to Near Northside
Near Northside residents won unanimous City Council approval to extend rules barring sitting, laying or sleeping on sidewalks during daytime to their neighborhood Wednesday, though no one involved expects this "civility" regime to truly address civic leaders' concerns about transients undermining the area's quality of life.
Neighbors took up a petition last summer after a local boy was stabbed to death on his way home from school, alleged by a man police say had been staying at a Salvation Army outpost in the area. That 300-bed shelter, which has operated on North Main for four... read more
- 16:21 Chris Mack? Shaka Smart? Who will be Louisville's next basketball...
- 16:10 Source: ASU football to hire ex-Sun Devil Derek Hagan
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects