Court: Get here on time or risk losing your child
CLOSE Through a revised Department of Child Safety policy, Breanna Donaldson, a recovering heroin addict, gets to keep her baby at home. David Wallace/The Republic
Attention parents dealing with the Juvenile Courts: If you show up late, you could lose your child.
Being late to court is grounds for parents to lose their due-process rights in high-stakes trials where a judge is considering whether to cut off parental rights, the Arizona Supreme Court concluded in a ruling handed down late last week.
The ruling stems from a case involving the mother of an 11-year-old child with Down Syndrome.... read more
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 13:08 Steven Souza Jr. eager to fill key role, join familiar teammates on...