Court: Get here on time or risk losing your child
CLOSE Through a revised Department of Child Safety policy, Breanna Donaldson, a recovering heroin addict, gets to keep her baby at home. David Wallace/The Republic
Attention parents dealing with the Juvenile Courts: If you show up late, you could lose your child.
Being late to court is grounds for parents to lose their due-process rights in high-stakes trials where a judge is considering whether to cut off parental rights, the Arizona Supreme Court concluded in a ruling handed down late last week.
The ruling stems from a case involving the mother of an 11-year-old child with Down Syndrome.... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 17:55 Giuliani: Briefing may prompt calls to end Russia probe
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct