Court: Get here on time or risk losing your child
CLOSE Through a revised Department of Child Safety policy, Breanna Donaldson, a recovering heroin addict, gets to keep her baby at home. David Wallace/The Republic
Attention parents dealing with the Juvenile Courts: If you show up late, you could lose your child.
Being late to court is grounds for parents to lose their due-process rights in high-stakes trials where a judge is considering whether to cut off parental rights, the Arizona Supreme Court concluded in a ruling handed down late last week.
The ruling stems from a case involving the mother of an 11-year-old child with Down Syndrome.... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...