Cowboys' Carr seeks to help kids amid Flint's water crisis
FLINT, Mich. (AP) — Dallas Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr is encouraging athletes to help his hometown of Flint, Michigan, amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
The Community Foundation of Greater Flint says Carr is donating $100,000 to create the Carr Cares Fund for Flint. He's also donating $10,000 for the Safe Water Safe Homes Fund to help with replacing pipes and plumbing.
Carr released a statement saying he's "especially concerned about the children of Flint who now, because of lead poisoning, face tremendous adversity for the remainder of their lives." He wants... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance