Cowboys give DL Melton 1-year deal; 3-year extension at $8 mil per possible
After an agonizing first week of free agency, the Cowboys finally made a big splash Tuesday.
And, no, this had nothing to do with the birth of Rivers Romo, the second son of quarterback Tony Romo.
The Cowboys agreed to terms with Chicago Bears free-agent defensive tackle Henry Melton on a one-year contract with a club option for three more years, according to sources.
Jordan Woy, Melton’s Dallas-based agent, worked deep into Tuesday night on the contract.
Melton can earn up to $5 million in 2014, a source said. If Melton is on the Cowboys’ roster the first day of the NFL’s league year next... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing