Coyotes defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson remembers Stanley Cup runs with Blackhawks fondly
Growing up, Niklas Hjalmarsson didn't dream of winning a Stanley Cup.
Hjalmarsson - who was born in Eksjo, Sweden - tempered his aspirations, setting his goals toward reaching the NHL and instead worrying about hoisting the hardware once he established himself in North America.
His only dream was to play in the NHL, so winning three Stanley Cups in a span of six years with the Chicago Blackhawks seemed too good to be true.
Now Hjalmarsson is in his first season with the Coyotes after being traded from the Blackhawks, with whom he spent parts of 10 seasons after being drafted by them.
With... read more
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...