Coyotes get overpowered by Stars in home loss
The way the Coyotes played in the first period on Thursday, it's hard to blame the team's 4-1 loss to the Dallas Stars on rust from the NHL All-Star break.
The Coyotes paced the early play both offensively and defensively while taking a 1-0 lead into the first intermission, but the Stars rattled off three goals in the second period and added an empty-netter in the third to hand Arizona its second straight loss.
“It was one of those first periods where you wish you came out and it was two- or three-nothing,” Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet said. “Unfortunately, we missed some opportunities... read more
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...
- 00:24 Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants