CPAC chief: The odds of Trump's nomination? 75%
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — In the wake of Donald Trump's Super Tuesday victories, a leading conservative organizer puts the odds at 75% that the real-estate mogul will be able to claim the presidential nomination on the first ballot at the Republican National Convention in July — and he says there's little wealthy GOP donors dismayed by that prospect can do to block it.
"You've got these billionaires who are trying to stop the billionaire, and they seem to be impotent to actually have an effect on the process," says Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union. The group... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft