Crews fighting Pinal County brush fire south of Coolidge
Crews are fighting a brush fire in Pinal County that spread up to 30 acres on Wednesday, according to the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management.
The River Fire started on Wednesday afternoon and has spread near the Picacho Reservoir, just north of Eloy, the agency said in a series of social-media posts.
About 8 p.m., the Forestry Service said on its Facebook page that 80 fire personnel were battling the flames.
The fire was not threatening structures, but was burning through heavy fuel, including salt cedar, the state agency said.
Officials did not say what caused the fire. ... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...