Crews fighting Pinal County brush fire south of Coolidge
Crews are fighting a brush fire in Pinal County that spread up to 30 acres on Wednesday, according to the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management.
The River Fire started on Wednesday afternoon and has spread near the Picacho Reservoir, just north of Eloy, the agency said in a series of social-media posts.
About 8 p.m., the Forestry Service said on its Facebook page that 80 fire personnel were battling the flames.
The fire was not threatening structures, but was burning through heavy fuel, including salt cedar, the state agency said.
Officials did not say what caused the fire. ... read more
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...