Crimson Tide football pioneer Dock Rone opened door for black athletes at UA
Dock Rone wasn't trying to be a pioneer then and isn't acting like one now.He simply dared to become the first black to play football at the University of Alabama.
I never would have dreamed in 1967 that here it is in 2013, we're still talking about that, Rone said. I just didn't know it had that much social significance.
As told in author Keith Dunnavant's documentary film, Three Days At Foster, Rone is one of several athletes who integrated athletics in the state of Alabama in the years after Governor George Wallace made a stand for segregation at the university in 1963.
In 1967,... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'