Crowded field emerges to vie for U.S. Rep. Gene Green's seat
Two state legislators already have jumped in the race to succeed Gene Green following the longtime Congressman's retirement announcement, with several others also thought to be considering bids.
State Sen. Sylvia Garcia and state Rep. Armando Walle threw their hats in the ring Tuesday morning to represent the district that covers much of eastern Houston and part of Pasadena.
State Rep. Carol Alvarado, meanwhile, is "seriously considering" running, her consultant said.
Garcia cited President Donald Trump as a motivator for joining the race.
"I want to continue fighting for... read more
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches