Crowded field emerges to vie for U.S. Rep. Gene Green's seat
Two state legislators already have jumped in the race to succeed Gene Green following the longtime Congressman's retirement announcement, with several others also thought to be considering bids.
State Sen. Sylvia Garcia and state Rep. Armando Walle threw their hats in the ring Tuesday morning to represent the district that covers much of eastern Houston and part of Pasadena.
State Rep. Carol Alvarado, meanwhile, is "seriously considering" running, her consultant said.
Garcia cited President Donald Trump as a motivator for joining the race.
"I want to continue fighting for... read more
- 10:00 Phoenix police look for motorist who fatally hit pedestrian
- 09:47 The Latest: Trump salutes military progress
- 08:41 Cool Home: Scottsdale interior decorator lets her whimsy run wild
- 08:39 5 iconic Phoenix holiday events
- 08:39 Building a different kind of wall on the border to revive a dying land
- 07:19 Trump presents his report card, passes with flying colors
- 00:26 Auto show zooms into Phoenix with latest tech twists
- 00:12 'The State of Aging': Latinos keep aging relatives out of nursing...
- 23:54 Nashville Predators 3, Montreal Canadiens 2: 3 things we learned
- 22:39 Arizona Lottery game glitch produces duplicated results again