Crowded field emerges to vie for U.S. Rep. Gene Green's seat
Two state legislators already have jumped in the race to succeed Gene Green following the longtime Congressman's retirement announcement, with several others also thought to be considering bids.
State Sen. Sylvia Garcia and state Rep. Armando Walle threw their hats in the ring Tuesday morning to represent the district that covers much of eastern Houston and part of Pasadena.
State Rep. Carol Alvarado, meanwhile, is "seriously considering" running, her consultant said.
Garcia cited President Donald Trump as a motivator for joining the race.
"I want to continue fighting for... read more
- 12:52 Julian Castro cancels trip to presidential caucus state to protest...
- 12:38 Billboard tells liberals to keep driving until they've left Texas
- 10:52 Houston makes short list for the 2020 Democratic National Convention
- 07:59 Bolton: NK has 'dramatic choice,' talks will move quickly
- 01:32 Trump stands firm on immigration policy, sees it as a winner
- 00:30 Trump takes swipe at South Carolina's Sanford in GOP meeting
- 00:30 Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'
- 20:23 What life inside migrant internment camps looks like
- 20:17 Congressman responds after public demands answers on migrant...
- 19:30 With eyes on midterms, Trump embraces immigration fight