Crowded field emerges to vie for U.S. Rep. Gene Green's seat
Two state legislators already have jumped in the race to succeed Gene Green following the longtime Congressman's retirement announcement, with several others also thought to be considering bids.
State Sen. Sylvia Garcia and state Rep. Armando Walle threw their hats in the ring Tuesday morning to represent the district that covers much of eastern Houston and part of Pasadena.
State Rep. Carol Alvarado, meanwhile, is "seriously considering" running, her consultant said.
Garcia cited President Donald Trump as a motivator for joining the race.
"I want to continue fighting for... read more
- 10:23 Scottsdale UFO conference: 'We're not alone in the universe'
- 10:23 Scottsdale man fatally shot in his driveway after checking noise,...
- 10:23 Luxury homes: $3.1M Paradise Valley mansion has wine cellar, theater
- 10:23 Cities battle at Arizona Capitol for right to regulate home-based...
- 10:23 Lawmaker: Lack of regulation for Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’
- 10:22 New poll: Abbott, Patrick far ahead on GOP primary race
- 10:01 Bracketology: March Madness NCAA Tournament projections for ASU,...
- 09:55 The Latest: Trump supports improving gun background checks
- 09:24 Winter Olympics: Sam McGuffie seems to have his athletic future...
- 09:11 Kwok: Chandler Hamilton hazing scandal is a lose-lose for all