Cruz calls for federal probe of violence at Charlottesville white supremacist rally
WASHINGTON – Texas U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz called on the Trump administration to investigate the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., Saturday that left one counter-protester dead and scores of others injured.
"I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute today's grotesque act of domestic terrorism," he wrote in one of several statements on social media. "It's tragic and heartbreaking to see hatred and racism once again mar our great Nation with bloodshed."
Cruz's statements were among a flood of denunciations from Washington... read more
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...
- 16:25 Buying a new car? Here are the four best deals
- 16:23 Newcomer’s guide to spring in Phoenix
- 15:49 Trump to attend Gridiron Dinner after skipping it last year
- 15:47 Finals fours: Setting the Arizona high school basketball...
- 15:30 In 'Educated,' the inspiring story of an isolated young woman...
- 15:08 Los Angeles Dodgers eager to finish what they started, win the...
- 15:01 Craft beer, whiskey producers hail giant excise tax cut