Cruz calls for federal probe of violence at Charlottesville white supremacist rally
WASHINGTON – Texas U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz called on the Trump administration to investigate the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., Saturday that left one counter-protester dead and scores of others injured.
"I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute today's grotesque act of domestic terrorism," he wrote in one of several statements on social media. "It's tragic and heartbreaking to see hatred and racism once again mar our great Nation with bloodshed."
Cruz's statements were among a flood of denunciations from Washington... read more
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana