Cruz calls for federal probe of violence at Charlottesville white supremacist rally
WASHINGTON – Texas U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz called on the Trump administration to investigate the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., Saturday that left one counter-protester dead and scores of others injured.
"I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute today's grotesque act of domestic terrorism," he wrote in one of several statements on social media. "It's tragic and heartbreaking to see hatred and racism once again mar our great Nation with bloodshed."
Cruz's statements were among a flood of denunciations from Washington... read more
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator