Cruz to lay out tax cut plan in GOP reform effort
WASHINGTON – Texas U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is scheduled to deliver what his office calls a "major policy speech" on tax reform Wednesday as part of a Tax Foundation think tank event.
Cruz, a 2016 Republican presidential candidate, is expected to sound many of the same themes laid out by President Donald Trump, who has been traveling the country in support of a GOP plan to streamline the tax code and make significant cuts to corporate and individual income tax rates.
Among the architects of the GOP plan is Houston Republican Kevin Brady chairman of the tax-writing House Ways and Means... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 17:55 Giuliani: Briefing may prompt calls to end Russia probe
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct