Cruz, Trump fight it out in South Carolina
SANTEE, S.C. — So much for that Donald Trump-Ted Cruz friendship.
The two anti-establishment candidates who once spoke so well of each other are now defining South Carolina's Republican primary with mutual recriminations and even the threat of a lawsuit by Trump against Cruz.
"South Carolina cannot trust Donald Trump," says a Cruz television ad that questions the billionaire's commitment to conservatism ahead of Saturday's primary.
"My only worry about South Carolina is that my opponents lie — especially Cruz," said Trump, the leader of many Palmetto State polls by wide... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it