Cubs news: Starter Yu Darvish skips scheduled spring training start Thursday with illness
MESA - Scheduled to start in his first game as a member of the Chicago Cubs, pitcher Yu Darvish was scratched from the lineup before Thursday's game against the Colorado Rockies at Sloan Park.
Manager Joe Maddon said Darvish told him he still wasn't feeling well, and they both made the decision to hold off.
“We decided it's much better to do it this way,” Maddon said. “There's no hurry and he felt really good about it.”
Darvish still participated in team workouts, which included throwing a two-inning bullpen session along with batting practice.
After the workout, Darvish said, “I feel good”... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...